Bamboo is a pretty awesome resource, but hemp was banned for small farmers in the USA until 2019… Before we get into it lets take a look at Google Trends Shall We?
Google Trends Says Hemp VS Bamboo is a No Brainer in 2019!
Hemp VS Bamboo 1-9 (You Be The Judge)
- Hemp is an easier way to create clothes because it doesn’t require chemicals to break material down.
- Since it doesn’t require chemicals to break down and reconstitute hemp is better on the environment.
- There are countless articles about the benefits of Hemp Oil but no information on Bamboo Oil Benefits.
- Hemp is better for construction because of hempcrete (unless you need to build a lookout tower).
- CBD is being tested in many medical practices, including to aid digestion and fight cancer.
- Hemp is easier to grow than bamboo because it takes up less space and grows in more diverse climates.
- It is common that people claim to use hemp to relieve pain, yet I’ve never heard this for bamboo.
- Since it’s easy to grow in the USA hemp stands to make farmers more money than most other products.
- If you compare the value of the annual yield between hemp versus bamboo I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised how profitable hemp can be if you know what you’re doing.
Should I Buy Hemp or Bamboo Clothes?
Take a wild guess…
Which plant do you think is easier to grow?
I’ll give you a hint: One is a weed!
Don’t be bamboozled! The vast majority of bamboo clothing is grown sustainably but is not organic. Chemicals are added in the manufacturing process as bamboo is broken into bits and reconstructed. Unless you’re wearing long fiber bamboo clothing, anyone who says that your bamboo is “green” is taking you for a ride. Bamboo production releases harsh chemicals into our atmosphere.– Dash Hemp
Long Fiber Bamboo
Bamboo companies have already been formally charged with making false claims regarding their “environmentally friendly” processes. Bamboo companies have even claimed that bamboo, like hemp, is naturally anti-microbial. This is true, but
due to the noxious production process, who wants it?!
Building Materials (Bamboo is used in Construction)
Bamboo is used for lots of construction purposes. It definitely has it’s advantages, but if you ask me Hempcrete has it beat.
Bamboo as a building material has high compressive strength and low weight has been one of the most used building material as support for concrete, especially in those locations where it is found in abundance. Bamboo as a building material is used for the construction of scaffolding, bridges and structures, houses.-The Constructor
Medicine (Bamboo is Medicine & Food in China)
Yes, bamboo does have it’s medicinal benefits, but do they compare to hemp? I don’t think so.
In traditional Chinese medicine, bamboo shoots are used to ease labor and the expulsion of the placenta by inducing uterine contractions. … Bamboo shoot decoction taken along with honey is used to treat respiratory disorders. However, to most people bamboo shoots are best known as food.– US National Library of Medicine
Hemp has more medical hype, more construction potentiality, more potential to aid USA farmers and hemp can even potentially assist people with mental imbalances, including anxiety, seizures, and depression. Hemp is made more sustainably and is easier to grow.
Which do you think is better Bamboo or Hemp? Why? Tell us in the comments below!